Monday, August 31, 2009

Souls

Its funny to me the perception little kids have of the world. Its so crazy that they comprehend things and use adult words and it seems like they know so much. ((Well, they do know so much!)) I try not to get surprised anymore or laugh when Hinckley in his ripe young age of 8, or Maxwell at age 4 say things that far exceed what I thought they knew! But I always am surprised. They are so smart. ((I also think a lot of it has to do with the movies they watch and the games they play...))

While we were in St. George spending time with Marissa, they boys and I had the opportunity of going out to breakfast with just us and Mars. As we were driving, Marissa whispered something and Max quickly pipped up "you sounded like a soul just then!" Marissa and I weren't sure how to take that. - After breakfast we went to visit Marissa's boyfriend's mom where she works at the mortuary. I waited in the car while the boys went in with Marissa. When they came back out to the car, I asked the boys if they liked being inside with all the dead bodies ((I asked repectivley of course)). The boys told me that it felt creepy and that they could hear the bodies souls talking.

I was grateful I had stayed in the car.

Much love,

The Petralias
"... by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." Alma 37:6

{picture courtesy of www.howstuffworks.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment