Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mom's knights in shining armor!

I thought I would add a few entries to "kids say the darndest things." -Mom


A few weeks ago we had just finished up a unit on Knights and Medieval Europe in History in our home school. The boys were downstairs playing while I was upstairs doing something. I had a feeling I should go downstairs and check on them. When I got downstairs I saw Hinckley sitting on the bouncy horse holding a pool stick out in front of him and Maxwell was standing in front of Hinckley also holding a pool stick. Maxwell was poking Hinckley with the pool stick and they were jousting! I was afraid Maxwell was going to skewer Hinckely so I told them to stop. They put the pool sticks down and I bent over and picked them up so I could put them away and Hinckley saw me holding the pool sticks and said, "Oh Mom, do you want to joust too?!"


Another funny:


Today Max and Hinck were fighting over a plastic sword so I took it away from them. A few minutes later Maxwell asked me if he could play with it again. I told him he could play with it but if his plan was to hit someone he couldn't have it. He looked at me and looked at the sword and turned around and walked off, leaving the sword on the couch behind me! Hmmm, wasn't too hard to figure out what his plans for the sword were! At least he was honest with me and left it alone!!

Much love,

The Petralias
"...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" Alma 37:6

No comments:

Post a Comment